How do we raise money?
Like most PTFAs, the majority of our funds are raised through the events that we run. Typical events throughout the year include:
- Christmas Fair
- Summer Fete
- East chick hunt & raffle
- Discos (Valentines and end of year)
- Craft evenings
- Hot dog evenings
We also try to include some non-event fundraising, such as:
- Bag2School clothing collections
- Summer bedding plants sale
- Spring flowering bulbs sale
- Sales of artwork, Christmas cards, calendars…
- Sale of Recycled uniform (always available)
- Webshop www.buy.at/sywellceschool
Most fundraising activities rely on the goodwill of the committee and other volunteers, who donate time, money, items for sale, donations for raffles or offers of services and skills. We are also well supported by local businesses who donate goods or ‘experiences’ as raffle prizes.